Clay and Concrete Tiles for Your Home
Clay and concrete roofs can fit a number of different exterior styles of homes.
Clay roofing tiles are typically barrel-style tiles reminiscent of Spanish and Mediterranean homes but are also manufactured in a wide variety of flat tiles that look like natural slate and wood shake.
Concrete roofing tiles can be customized to provide a wide variety of aesthetics. It can be cut into different shapes and matched to whatever color you’d like.
Weather Tech Renovations has expertise in both clay and concrete roofing products, installation, maintenance, repair and inspections. Headquartered out of Blue Springs, MO, we are a local, family-owned roofing, siding, and window replacement company. For over twenty years, Weather Tech Renovations’ expert TECHnicians have provided outstanding, premier roofing services to both residential and commercial customers throughout Kansas and Missouri.
When you need a new roof, don’t trust the protection and wellbeing of your home to just any contractor. Instead, put your trust in the team at Weather Tech Renovations. We are the reputable, skilled contractors who will provide you with a high-quality, warrantied roofing solution.
We provide all types of services:
- Residential Roof Inspections
- Residential Roof Maintenance
- Residential Roof Repair
- Residential Roof Installs (New Construction)
- Residential Roof Replacements
With our white glove customer service and 5-Year Workmanship Guarantee we ensure every roofing project our Roofing TECHnicians complete passes both our stringent final inspection standards and yours too. Additionally, every quality roof we install is also backed by trustworthy manufacturer warranties.
Clay vs. Concrete Residential Roofing Tiles
Both clay and concrete are excellent choices for roofing materials. Comprised of clay and water, clay roofing tiles are among the most environmentally friendly building materials today. Concrete roofing tiles are created from a mixture of water, sand, and cement. Thanks to the heat and pressure of their manufacturing process, both clay and concrete roofing tiles are extremely durable and long-lasting.
Although they share many similar qualities, clay and concrete tiles have a few distinct differences that set them apart. Clay tiles come in a set series of colors which are variations of reds and browns. Concrete tiles, on the other hand can be manufactured in any color.
Durability & Lifespan
Clay tiles last longer in almost every respect and their natural color will not fade. Concrete tiles can absorb a lot of water, sometimes leading to mildew and heaviness that has the potential of placing strain on a home/building’s structure.
Both Clay and Concrete roofing tiles can resist damage from hailstones that are larger than a golf ball. Both are tested according to FM4473 for hail resistance and most quality manufactured products meet Class 4 Impact Resistance standards.
Concrete roofing tiles however are much less fragile than clay tiles, meaning they are less prone to cracks and breakage, especially in cold climates.
Lastly, concrete tiles are more affordable than clay tiles to install on a roof. Clay roofing tiles will typically cost about 20% more than concrete roofing tiles.
Why Choose Quality Clay or Concrete Tiles for your Roof?
If your home’s aesthetics will be complimented by the personality of clay or concrete roofing tiles, then they may be the ultimate choice. These types of roofing solutions will also add dramatic curb appeal and will increase the value of your home.
Listed below are some of the additional benefits of choosing clay and concrete roofing solutions:
- Energy Efficiency – When it comes to the cost of cooling bills, notably in the blistering heat of the summer, few roofing materials are more heat resistant than clay and concrete tiles. They reflect the sun’s radiant heat and insulate a home during the winter. The unique classic curve of clay Spanish tiles also helps ventilate heat trapped in a home. Picking either concrete or clay roof tiles can save homeowners significantly on their utility bills, especially in the hottest months of the year.
- Environmentally Friendly – Clay and concrete roofing tiles are constructed from natural materials like clay, water, sand, and concrete. This means that they are exceptionally eco-friendly and can easily be recycled. Installing clay and concrete tiles also significantly lower your energy bill, reducing your carbon footprint.
- Fire Resistant – Both concrete and clay tiles are highly resistant to heat and fire damage. Unlike other building materials, clay and concrete tiles are resistant to flames damage during a fire emergency. In fact, they have a Class A fire rating, the highest fire resistance level a building material can achieve.
- Long Lifespans – Most modern roofing materials are made to last for decades. However, clay and concrete roofing tiles have incredibly long lifespans. Clay and concrete roofing tiles have been known to last up to 50 and even 100 years or more!
Our TECHnicians are the Superhero’s of Roofing
You can always expect nothing less than the very best service and satisfaction from Weather Tech Renovation’s Roofing TECHnicians.
Each and every one of our employees are expertly trained in roofing inspection, repair and installation. We pride ourselves on providing every residential customer with our “White Glove Treatment”, it’s what sets us apart from our competition.